Anchovies, also known as Nethilli in Tamil, is a good source of polyunsaturated fatty acids, proteins, calcium, vitamin A, vitamin E and selenium. There is so much health benefits from this small fish and to top it all, its tastes awesome.
I always go for simple recipes that require little prep time because I'm not one of those people who like to elaborate cooking. This is yet another super simple recipe. It takes just 5-10 min to prep and the ingredients and quite simple.
- Nethilli/Anchovies - I have used 0.5 kg
- Chilly Powder - As per requirement
- Turmeric powder - 2 teaspoon
- Salt - As per requirement
- Ginger Garlic paste - 2 to 3 tablespoon
- Oil to fry.
Method of Preparing:
- Wash the Anchovies in running water, until the water runs clear.
- Add, salt, turmeric powder, ginger garlic paste and chilly powder to it.
- Mix everything until the anchovies are coated with all the mixture.
- If you are gonna cook it soon, set it aside for 30 minutes. If using later, put it in a sealable container and freeze it.
- Heat the oil in a wok and add the anchovies after the oil has become hot.
- If you want it to be really crunchy, fry it a little longer. I prefer it when it's a little soft. So I fry them for 1 min and they are done.
If you don't want to fry them, bake it in the oven. Make sure you coat the fish with oil first.
Yup, this is how simple it is. It is a great idea for a quick snack. It's healthy and nutritious. You can add any masala you want, but I prefer this recipe as it retains the flavor of the fish.
Love to hear your thoughts on this. Have this tried this recipe before? Do comment and share your thoughts.