The recipe for BBQ Hot Dog Spaghetti is something I came up with in the spur of the moment. Not saying that it's one of a kind or anything. I came up with this recipe because I wanted to use three of my favorite ingredient I had in hand - Sausages, Barbecue sauce and Spaghetti. Also, I was really not in the mood to prepare anything that required laborious prep work.
The flavor is awesome considering that the ingredients used were pretty simple.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 30-40 mins
- Sausages - You can use any kind. I have used smoked chicken. Chop them into medium size pieces.
- Barbecue sauce.
- Spaghetti - Your choice again.
- Onions - 4 medium sized and finely chopped.
- Tomatoes - 3 medium sized and finely chopped.
- Salt - As per your requirement.
- Pepper - As per your requirement.
- Oil or Butter. I have used vegetable oil.
Method of Preparation:
- Boil spaghetti in a pot of water and 1 tsp of salt.
- Boil it till it is cooked.
- Strain it and keep it aside.
- Take a pan and add 2-3 tsp of oil after the pan becomes hot.
- Saute the onions first and then the finely chopped tomatoes.
- Add little salt while sauteing. Make sure you add the salt little by little as the spaghetti and the barbecue sauce will have salt as well.
- Add pepper and the chopped up sausages and saute for 4-5 mins.
- Then, add the barbecue sauce and mix it well.
- Keep the pan closed and let it cook for another 3-4 mins.
- Add water if it's too thick.
- Mix the spaghetti with the gravy, close the pan and let it sit for 3 mins.
We are done! Serve this dish while it's still hot.
Here's one more pics of this hot stuff.
So, did you like my BBQ hot dog spaghetti? Do try and let me know how it is. You can also check out my Mushroom & Garlic Spaghetti recipe.
Got a tip to make it even better? You are most welcome to mention them in the comments section : )