|Pic Courtesy: skin-spa.com
Exfoliating is one of the best ways to get rid of a tan. Exfoliating helps in speeding up the process by shedding dead skin cells quickly. Use an exfoliating brush to rub away the dead skin before or during a shower. Once done with rubbing, use a granular cleanser to wipe away the dead skin layers from the skin. This will help speed up the process of reducing the tan. Use an exfoliating skin lotion to prevent dryness caused to the skin because of exfoliating.
* Lotions with AHA or alpha hydroxy acids are also effective in reducing a tan. You can also use products and creams with hydrogen peroxide in them to speed up the process. Apply these creams directly or on a swab of cotton. Be careful not to use these chemicals on sensitive areas.
* Lemon will also help you in getting rid of a tan effectively. Slice a lemon into half and rub on the areas that you want to make pale, for about 2 min before taking a shower. The citric acid in lemon helps you get rid of the dead skin cells which will reveal the lighter side beneath your dark skin. You may have to repeat this process for about a week, but this long and slow method will leave your skin soft and fresh. Make sure to rinse out the lemon before going outside to prevent your tan from deepening.
* Once you have decided to get rid of your tan, make sure not to over-expose your skin to the sun again. Try and avoid getting under the sun, protect your skin by using an umbrella or apply a sunscreen lotion. Staying indoors is the best way to prevent more damage to your skin especially during the hot hours of the day.
* Getting rid of blotchiness on your skin will help you remove the extra tan. You need to first dampen your skin and massage
it in circular motion using dry baking soda. Baking soda will help your skin get rid of the blotchiness and will further act as an exfoliating agent removing the dead cells and exposing the lighter part of your skin.
* If you want to remove tan from your entire body, then soaking is the best option. Soak in your bath tub for hours together to get rid of the tan on your body and face. If you use sunless tanners to get that extra tan, then you will have to soak yourself in the bath tub for a longer time. The duration you spend soaked in a bath tub will determine the number of dead cells with unwanted tan which will get removed.