I love Makeup Revolution as this brand is affordable and offers a wide variety of cosmetics. I especially love their range of foundation, as they seem to be one of the very few brands in India that caters to dark skin. Can’t miss the irony in this – Makeup Revolution is not an Indian company but still offers dark shades. Indian brands, do take notes!! Continue reading "Makeup Revolution – The One Foundation: Shade #15 & #16"
Hello Lovelies, today I have come up with a FOTD using my favorite color - Blue. I simply love blue eye shadows as there is something so magical about it. This look is good for evening parties. I know this look is on the bright side, but I am in love with this color combination. So, focused on my eyes and lips and kept everything minimal. Continue reading "FOTD: Beating the Monday Blues - Party Look"
Stocked up on old favorites and trying out some new ones as well.
I'm trying out makeup products from Makeup Revolution and Star's Cosmetics. I'm quite surprised with the Star's Cosmetics. Even though I bought these products on a whim, they are quite good. I will be reviewing them soon. Some of my personal favorites are eyeshadows from Makeup Revolution, bright pink/fuchsia matte lippie from Maybelline and yellow matte powder from Star's Cosmetics. Continue reading "Makeup Haul - November + December"
An oil-free, water-based, light-weight daily use foundation.It is easy to blend with finger tips and spreads evenly all over skin giving an ultimate 'Matte glow' finish. Even tones skin, hides imperfections. Provides natural look with satin feel. It is enriched with botanical extracts of Jojoba, soy Lecithin and Grape seed. The result is flawless finish which lasts for hours.
It is a Shimmery and matte foundations that can be worn during the day.. AS far as the matte capability goes, this is the best time to test it, as it too humid and humidity opens up my oil wells. Under this weather condition, my face stays matte for about an hour. Considering how oily my face can get, this is not too great. Tried again but had set it with loose powder. This slightly increased the mattifying effect. I guess it doesn't work too well under humid conditions.
There are 3 shades available and 'Caramel; suited me. It also the darkest shade available. Bought it for Rs 175/- for 25ml
This is my first Mineral product and hopefully there will be more in the near future. Nature's Mineral Foundation is a very light and non-clogging. It has a added benefit of SPF25 in it. Mineral Products are the latest 'In' products. Its safe to use, even on sensitive and oily face. Well!!, i have clear skin, so the coverage is fine for me. On wearing, it feels like you are wearing no make-up. This one is for light coverage and is great if you are going for the natural look. I wear this foundation when i go out during the day as the light coverage feels comfortable and does not make my face look cakey. The foundations needs to applied with the Kabuki brush. It relatively easy to get the hang of it. All you need is practice.
The shade that suits my medium to dark oh-so-south complexion is shade #05.
- Feels light, as if wearing no make-up.
- Has SPF 25.
- Blends easily and smoothly.
- Can be used on sensitive skin (Using my skin as an example)
- Works on Combination skin to oily but not toooo oily skin. Hope it makes sense.
- Can be used for natural look kind of make-up.
- Comes with a cute kabuki brush.
- Does not lead to break-outs or irritations on skin.
- Does not help with the oiliness on the skin. (If skin is toooo oily).
- I doubt that it will be effective in humid places. Anyway, nothing works in humid places. When i go back to my home town Chennai, i'm left with very few options because my oily skin goes in to over-drive.
I had tried Lakme Soufflé, Revlon and Street wear foundations but this one works for me. I believe that each and every product behaves differently on different people. For some even the expensive product doesn’t work. This product works for me. And the only way to know if it works for you is to try it out. I have chosen the shade 'Natural Beige'. This fits most of the Indian complexion.
- Enhances your skin’s natural radiance.
- Get even, flawless skin.
- Feels light, as if not wearing any make-up.
- Blends and glides smoothly and easily.
- Oil free and wont clog pores.
- Safe for sensitive skin.
About the Ingredients:
- Staying power is decent even on my oily skin.
- Does everything it claims.
- This is a budget-buy as it costs only Rs149/-
- Small and neat packaging. The plastic tube is small and safe enough to be carried in your purse.
- Apt only for people not expecting full coverage.
- Quantity is only 30 ml. This is not a problem for people who don’t use foundation on a regular basis.
- Available only in 3 shades. (A lot of other reviews on the same mentions that the shade ‘Natural Beige’ suits most of the Indian skin’)
Would I buy it again?