Hello Ladies, I know I have been MIA quite a lot lately. Though I'm not back with a bang, I would like to make a slightly more than 'blah' entry into blogosphere again. So, here I am with an all-time favorite of almost all the makeup lovers out there - neutral everyday smokey eye makeup.
Here's what I did and the list of products used to achieve this look.
I haven't reviewed many of the products used here. So, if you are looking for the review of any particular product, drop me a message in the comments section and I will get right on it.
Products Necessary to Get Everyday Smokey Eye Makeup Look:
I love to keep my eyebrows soft these days. This softens my already harsh/severe look. (I almost always have a resting bitch face). So, I have used these products to get that
- Miss Claire Waterproof Eyebrow Pencil in 'Dark Brown'
- ADS Eyebrow Powder in 'Brown' - For a softened look
- e.l.f Eyebrow Gel - For Fixing
Prepping Eye Lids :
I start with a little eyeshadow primer. I have topped it with a little concealer on the lids.
- Wet n Wild Fergie eyeshadow primer
- MAC Pro Longwear Concealer in 'NW40'
I have highlighted the brow bone using a highlighter mousse.
- City Color Rose Gold Mousse
I have used a very nude-ish eyeshadow all over my lids all the way up to my brow bone. It starts looking a little pale on my brown skin but with other eyeshadow shades, it even out to give a balanced look. This is my go-to shades as it offers fuss-free and natural transient shade when couples with other shades of eyeshadow.
- Milani Bella Eyes Gel Powder in 'Bella Cappuccino'
I have added two shades of eyeshadow here. One, right on the crease and another, a lighter brown shade, to diffuse and blend out the crease shade.
- Jordana Color Effects Eyeshadow in '#11'
- Faces Single Eyeshadow (sorry the name's gone)
I love my Coastal Scents 252 Ultimate Eyeshadow Palette and used almost all the shades from this one.
- Entire lid - Chocolatier
- Outer corner - Black shade from NYX.
- Inner Eye - Absolute NewYork Pure Metal Veil in 'Jeweled Java'
- Winged Liner - Just flicked those wings using a gel eyeliner from Maybelline
- Lining the eyes - Line your waterline with a kajal in black or dark brown shade (depending on the amount of drama you want)
- Under eye - Dabbed a little of the brown shade of eyeshadow with a liner brush under the waterline.
- Upper Lashes - Added drama with the Maybelline Lash Sensational mascara in 'Blackest Black'
- Lower Lashes - e.l.f clear mascara.
Here's a closer look of the smokey eye makeup look.
So, how did you find my eye makeup look, people?? Do drop your valuable feedback. It's much appreciated.
Thanks for dropping by!