It is hard to rock a full face makeup in this scorching summer and it becomes a pain to constantly touch up your makeup. During summers and especially when travelling, I prefer a simple summer makeup routine, as it feels lighter on the skin, and allows your skin to breathe a little easier.
These simple steps are easy and quick to do before you head out the door on a sunny day.
Step-by-Step Guide to Achieve No Makeup Summer Makeup Look:
- Step One: Skip foundation and use concealer sparingly, just where it's necessary. Make sure the concealer shade is an exact match to your skin tone. I have used L.A Girl HD Concealer in the shade 'Fawn'.
- Step Two: Set the concealer and dust the entire face with a light powder.
- Step Three: Highlight using Yellow powder. This mattifies the skin as well. I have used Star's Yellow Powder.
- Step Four: Use a coral blush with a light shimmer in it in order to get a sun-kissed look. Cream blushes are fantastic for creating a natural appearance but if you have an oily skin, it is best to use a powder blush. I have used Jordana Blush Powder in the shade 'Coral Sandy Beach'.
- Step Five: Go easy on the eyebrows. Tame those brows with a brow gel or clear mascara or a brow gel in Brown shade. In the case of scanty eyebrows, use brow powder to fill in the gaps. I have used Brown eyebrow powder from ADS.
- Step Six: Apply a neutral eyeshadow. Just enough to make people notice your beautiful eyes and not your eyeshadow. Matte shadows are best to use for this no makeup summer makeup look. I have used Faces Mono Eyeshadow in the shade 'B112'.
- Step Seven: Use Brown gel eyeliner on the upper eyelid and Black on the lower.
- Step Eight: Curl lashes and apply waterproof mascara for achieving naturally separated and lengthened lashes. Í have used Maybelline Waterproof Mascara.
- Step Nine:Use a shimmery bronzer on the cheek bones and everywhere the sunlight hits naturally on your face, like the bridge of your nose, forehead, cupids bow and chin. I have used e.l.f Healthy Glow Bronzer in the shade 'Warm Tan'.
- Step Ten: Finish with a moisturising lip colour that complements your natural skin tone and warms your face. I have used
That’s it! Now let your hair down and let your inner beauty glow through!
Make sure to use a light hand when using the blusher and bronzer as we need to get a no makeup (or at least a minimum) and sun-kissed summer makeup look.
What do you think of this look? Do share your thoughts on it.
Thanks for reading!