This is an easy and quick recipe for roasted chicken with potatoes on the side. I love this combination of Chicken with potatoes. Both of them are my comfort food and gives me so much pleasure when I gorge on them.
- Chicken - 1, full
- Ginger & Garlic Paste - 5 tsp
- Chilly Powder - 4 tsp (Or as per your requirement)
- Salt - As Per requirement
- Butter - Just enough to coat the bottom of the baking pan.
- Vegetable Oil - 3 tsp
- Dried Rosemary - 1tsp
- Dried Thyme - 2 tsp
- Lemon Juice - Juice of 1 Lemon
- Potatoes - 3 large ones
Method of Preparation:
- Take the vegetable oil, ginger and garlic paste, chilly powder, salt and Lemon juice in a bowl and mix them together to make a paste.
- Slit the chicken randomly to allow the mixture to soak into the flesh.
- Apply the mixture liberally on the chicken as well as inside. Keep a little amount of the mixture aside and use the rest.
- Chop the potatoes into medium sized cubes.
- Add the remaining mixture to the potatoes and mix them well.
- Soak the chicken and the potatoes for a minimum of 1 hour.
- Heat the baking pan in the oven and melt the butter in it.
- Add the dried Rosemary to the melted butter.
- Now, add the chicken to the pan and place the potatoes on the side.
- Next, sprinkle the dried thyme on top of the potatoes.
- Roast the chicken in the oven at 220°C for 50 - 70 mins, depending on the size of the chicken.
- Moisten the chicken with oil halfway through cooking and if the potatoes look dry, add a bit of water to the tray to stop them burning.
- When cooked, take the tray out of the oven and let it rest for 10 minutes.
We are done!! Here's your platter of juicy roasted chicken with potatoes.
Like this recipe? Try it out and let us know how it is.