I prepared this Prawns gravy to accompany the Coconut milk Biryani/flavoured rice that I had prepared. The spiciness of the gravy goes really well with this rice. Other options for the rice includes, Chicken and mutton masala.
Here's the simple recipe for this gravy.
Preparation Time: 20 to 30 mins
- Prawns - Cleaned and de-veined
- Onions - 5 to 6 (large ones)
- Tomatoes - 4 to 5 (large ones)
- Ginger garlic paste - As per your requirement (I have used 3 tsp here)
- Turmeric powder - 1tsp
- Chilly powder - As per your requirement (I have used 2 tbsp here)
- Salt - To taste
- Curry leaves - 10 leaves
- Oil - 2 tbsp
Method of Preparation:
- Add the oil to the pan and let it warm up.
- Add the curry leaves and let it sputter for 4 to 5 seconds.
- Then add the finely chopped onions and required salt to it. Sauté it until it turns golden brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste to the onions and sauté it until the raw smell goes away.
- Now add diced tomatoes, turmeric powder and chilly powder to it and cook till the tomatoes become mushy.
- Finally, add the prawns to the pan and cook in medium heat for 5 mins.
*Make sure you don't over cook the prawns as it will become hard to eat.
**The prawns give off a bit of sweetness, so make sure it is compensated by adding slightly more chilly powder than you usually use.
Hope you liked this recipe. Do let us know if you have tried it.